POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : just an annoying neewbie question : Re: just an annoying neewbie question Server Time
3 Jul 2024 00:50:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: just an annoying neewbie question
From: hughes, b
Date: 17 Dec 2002 17:35:33
Message: <3dffa6b5@news.povray.org>
"ahed4" <ahe### [at] ahed4com> wrote in message

> just begun tracing wit POV and as it is EXTREMELY unfamiliar not having a
> GUI i started to learn scripting, but it slows down badly. so id like to
> ask if there are any GUI extensions out there that a re good (except for
> mooray since i guess you gotta pay for it) ?

Some free modelers for Windows that render out to POV I know of:

HamaPatch
http://www.geocities.com/hamapatch/program/

POVlab
http://www.povlab.org

AC3D (trial)
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/graphics/ac3d/ac3d.html

And you might want to look through the POV-Ray Resources links too.
http://www.povray.org/resources/links/3D_Programs/Modelling_Programs/

It's advisable to learn the POV-Ray language anyhow, since much of what can
be done is not always possible or easy from an external program.